Now, my favorite post-marathon activity is drinking around Epcot to celebrate, but I will say that the "Recovery Party" we had after racing was extremely helpful for healing. In the hotel we had:
- Epsom salts - a shallow bath with a full bag is best, 1 cup per 1 gallon of water
- "The Stick" - this company has been at the Expo for a few years and offers a discount for their massagers
- Foam Rollers - the black rumble roller and the regular kind, to help stretch our muscles
- Heating pad - it felt GREAT to just sit this on my lap for a while
- BioFreeze - A gel muscle rub that is a staple in my household
Plus we got in some good pool and hot tub time, too. After a looooong nap!!
I look SHOCKINGLY happy for it being 4am. Probably cause I LOVE Goof, and I know that I'll get some bubbly later.
I was overjoyed to find out that race photos are FINALLY included in your MyDisney Experience photopass! I was a passholder at the time, so I cheesed for every. Dang. Photographer. Running alone was a nice experience because I could go at my own pace, but the real joy of these marathons is the Disney trip attached to it! It was my mom's first time since her honeymoon in 1983, and when I ran with my "adopted" sisters Nicole and Angel, my husband made a video of our run!
So what do you think? Are you ready to RunDisney? Come join the Facebook group so that we can cheer you on!