One of the best parts about adulting is when you can make your 5th grader self's dreams come true. This is why Ryan and I took an epic trip out to the Pacific Northwest where he rollerbladed at every skatepark he's been dreaming about since he was a kid, and I saw ORCA WHALES IN REAL LIFE. It was so amazing I have to shout about it. Check out this video recap: (Spoiler: I accidentally deleted the part about our movie location/Astoria stop, so be on the lookout for the addendum video. LOL.)
Favorite Eats & Drinks
- Friday Harbor House, San Juan Islands Happy hour on the patio, with the most incredible views ever in life.
- Ghost Alley Espresso, Seattle Try the Mystery Mocha, be on the lookout for ghosts. (And gross chewed gum.)
- Stumptown Coffee, Portland Living the hipster caffeinated dream
- Hale Pele tiki bar, Portland Classic tiki food, drink and decor.
- Voodoo Doughnut, PortlandThere's a line out the door, and they have vegan options. How can you go wrong?
I have ZERO CHILL when it comes to Free Willy.
Mooneys never say die.
Things to Do:
- Of course, THE WHALE WATCH: San Juan Safaris was professional, fun and educational.
- Powell's Books, Portland: Have a plan or a couple hours, it's the largest indie bookstore in the WORLD.
Here's the map of all the skate parks on the dream list; we made it to most of the hearts and stars.
A portrait of a woman who married the rollerblader of her dreams...but never knew how much filming she would have to do for skate "footy." (That's what they call footage. Doesn't your hobby have dorky lingo?)
Where would your 5th grade self want to take a trip? Tell me I'm not the only one still kind of obsessed with orca whales...